Top Tips for Maternity JeansPosted by Haute Mama Sara
A great pair of maternity jeans should be a staple in every haute mama’s wardrobe. Trust me, you will wear them throughout your pregnancy and into those first post-partum weeks as well. What should you look for when buying maternity jeans?
1. Panel: You have two choices at Haute Mama when it comes to the belly panel, and it is definitely a personal preference. Decide if a mid-panel (Paige Premium, Maternal America), or underbelly fit (Maternal America) is most comfortable for you.
2. Cut: Boot-cut and flared jeans are always the most flattering cut on a pregnant woman. The height at the bottom balances out your growing bump. I don’t care how fashionable it is, tapered-leg jeans are never flattering on a pregnant body. Skinny jeans, on the other hand can look great when teamed with pumps, knee boots and a cute tunic top.
3. Stretch: Look for jeans that have spandex or a bit of ‘stretch’ for little extra give that feels oh-so-good.
4. Wash: Dark-wash jeans are a little dressier, whereas jeans with a lighter wash or less streamlined edges are more casual. You also have the option of white jeans – you decide what will work best for you. When in doubt, go for a medium to dark wash jean for their slimming and lengthening properties. Paige Premium’s Laurel Canyons and Maternal America Trouser Jeans always top the polls as the perfect pair to suit every body shape.
5. The right fit: Sit down in your jeans when you are trying them on to ensure they will be comfortable. There is nothing worse than getting through the day in too-tight jeans.